The European Commission, on its official website, states that “Personal data is information relating to a living, identified or identifiable person. Personal data is also the set of distinct pieces of information that can lead to the identification of a specific person.” (visit the EU website for more detailed information).
Also according to the European Commission, “Data processing covers a wide range of operations performed on personal data, whether by manual or automated means. It includes the collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction of personal data”.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to the processing of personal data by fully or partly automated means, as well as to the processing by non-automated means of personal data contained in files.” (visit the EU website for more detailed information).
Types of data collected
MPG may collect different types of information about the users of its website, namely:
- Information that you may provide to us through contact forms, which will identify you individually, such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other personal information that you may send to MPG;
- Information about you that does not identify you personally and directly, such as information about your internet connection, your IP address, the device used or other usage details, with the aim of improving your user experience while visiting our website. In this case, the data collected also depends on the context of use, interactions, features used or choices you make.
How we collect "cookies"
- Cookies (or browser cookies) are small files stored on the disc of your computer, mobile phone or other device. Cookies do not damage your device and you can refuse to accept them at any time by changing your browser settings or by clicking on the cookie alert banner.
- In accordance with current European legislation, the company must request your explicit consent for the collection of the above cookies. Therefore, as mentioned above, a cookie alert banner will be displayed when you first visit our website.
- Once you have given your consent, the cookie alert banner will no longer be displayed when you visit the website again. If you wish to change or withdraw your consent, you can do so at any time by clearing cookies in your browser settings.
How we use your personal data
Your personal data will be collected, processed and stored only for the purpose for which it was provided, namely:
- to browse our website and its contents;
- to send you information about products, services or any other information you request;
- to analyse and improve our products and services;
- to publicise products and services;
At MPG we have implemented all the relevant measures to protect our users’ personal data from loss or unauthorised access, use or sharing. All information is stored on secure servers and protected by firewall mechanisms.
However, the security of your information also depends a little on you. Whenever you are given (or choose) a password to access certain content on our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you never share your password with third parties.
Unfortunately, despite implementing all the security mechanisms at our disposal, we cannot guarantee one hundred per cent the security of information transmitted via the Internet. Any information transmitted via the Internet is the responsibility of its owner and MPG cannot be held liable for external attacks that cause our website’s security measures to fail.
You can also contact MPG’s head office by telephone or post at Rua Major João Luís de Moura, Nº 118 – Odivelas – 1689-019 Famões, PORTUGAL | Tel.:(+351) 219 802 762.
The date of the last revision will be updated whenever necessary and will always appear in the subtitle of this page.